Job Title: Production Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 5:30pm
We’re looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead an efficient, continuously improving, production line; optimising product quality and legality, customer service, cost, and health & safety through a team of effective team leaders.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements Communication
- To effectively lead communication processes across the line, aligning to the overall site communications plan.
- To immediately escalate issues (with a solution where possible) which could prevent legal or regulatory compliance, or which may impact service levels.
- Good working knowledge of HR practices
- Performance management – to carry out effective Performance Reviews with direct reports twice per year and setting SMART objectives. To provide appropriate feedback and challenge poor performance on a daily basis.
- Attendance – to conduct return to work interviews upon a colleague’s return following any period of absence. To drive improvement in attendance levels across the area.
- Labour control – to liaise with labour control to ensure the correct number of people on plant/area.
- Training and development – to ensure all training plans agreed for the area are delivered. To complete and return all relevant paperwork and ensure the skills matrix is up to date.
- Policies and procedures – to understand, apply and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Must have 3 years’ experience as a Production Manager.
- Compliance – To promote and comply with legislative and business compliance standards such as Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality.
- Support and cascade Daily Stand-up Meetings (DSUM) across the production line resulting in the timely escalation of issues and resolution actions.
- Support and implement Cl activities utilising lean & problem-solving techniques to drive improved performance.
- Encourage the team to identify process wastes (8 wastes) opportunities and raise them at the relevant meetings.
- Operational KPIs -to develop and ensure full understanding and awareness of key performance indicators for the department and actively drive opportunities to improve. Examples include non-conformances, performance to plan, actual to target and waste. To deliver the daily production plans on time and in full.
- SOPs – to ensure all relevant SOP’s are in place and up to date and all direct reports are trained and adhering to correct SOPs.
- Continuous Improvement – to lead and implement continuous improvement activities to drive reliability, deliver higher quality output and reduce costs. To lead by example, ensuring the principles of continuous improvement become embedded within the team.
- Good Manufacturing Practice – to attend senior manager GMP line walks and ensures all audit/incident actions are closed within the agreed timeframe.
Health & Safety
- To complete all accident/incident reporting and ensure direct reports are aware of the necessary procedures.
- To write or ensure risk assessments are completed, where appropriate.
- To maintain knowledge of colleagues on restricted duties and manage the related duty of care.
- To maintain a high level of personal performance, driving own learning, and development.
- To cover for colleagues’ absences whilst ill or on holiday.
- Any other reasonable task within the general sphere of the competence and experience required in this job.
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Production Manager within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing a small team.
- Experience in direct customer and supplier relationships.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Must have attention to detail and high accuracy.
- Must have good attendance and punctuality record.
- Good personal presentation with excellent communication, organisational skills, and a flexible attitude.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite is desirable.